Two days ago my iPhone after recieving a message started showing a strange error ” NO SIM INSTALLED ” , initially i thought this is a minor trouble and would go away after a few switching off and on but it did not .This is the latest problem that has now creeped in my iPhone! I tried searching out for forums and locate what all options do I Have now.
This is what i have come up with:
1. Manual iPhone reset: Keep on holding the power button for few second till you get the switching off screen (Do not slide to switch off) then press the home button without releasing the power button and you’ll see that the screen turns black then the Apple symbol comes (You can remove pressing your buttons now).
This has worked for many but not for Me.So I had to explore more.
2. This problem may occur because of HEAT : In many cases the iPhone was overheated and this led to damage in SIM card. Replacement of the SIM card by a new one has solved this problem for them.
Sadly this wasn’t the case for me, as my sim was relatively new and i would have tried about 5-10 odd sims in my iPhone without any success and moreover my sim was working on these mobiles.
3. The problem of dust particles: In Few cases cleaning of the SIM card and using a ear cleaner for removing the dust inside the SIM socket of iphone has solved it for them. Once again I tried this without any success.
4. Using your SIM in a strange way: Yup, its strange but this is what people have posted on the blogs/forums. Take out your SIM and put it in some old Nokia or any other mobile phone till it catches the signal i.e the signal bars appear then remove the SIM and put it in your iPhone.
No success for me!!
5. Repetitive on off and setting reset: Another idea which has clicked for some is switching on and off your iPhone and checking if it has started detecting SIM. Or going to Settings->General->reset->Reset network and using network reset or reset all repetitively till your iphone finally detects sim.
I can image what would have led them to trying this sort of thing, but it has worked out for them not for ME.You can even try repetitive switching on and off the airplane mode though it wasn’t useful for me.
6. Restore and Unlock: I did this as my iPhone is an unlocked/jailbroken one so resotred and unlocked it again and trust me this is the worst idea of them all . I lost all my apps,games and other stuff despite taking a back only to understand that iTunes backup would not back up 3rd party installations!
7. Dropping your iPhone: This is another way but its actually really hard to do. Try dropping your iphone in the vertical position both from the side where you place your sim card and other side where you put your charger. I do not guarantee as this is dangerous thing to do but has worked for many people.
I am still trying to figure out a way to get out of this No SIM Card installed, more suggetions are welcomed.